Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day Trip to Piriapolis

Today I took a day trip to a small beach town called Piriapolis. It's about 90 kilometers due east of Montevideo. Here are the pics:

View of the beach and water from the Ramblas, which basically means promenade in Spanish. We have a Ramblas in Montevideo, too:



Me on the Ramblas:



Eating lunch in town across from the beach. Cecile came with me as did two other classmates, Dahlia (right) and Helena (left, next to me). Dahlia is a NYer like me and Helena is Norwegian:



Cecile on the beach:



Pretty stones in the water:


We took a ski lift up to the top of this hill overlooking Piriapolis:



At the top we got a beverage and enjoyed the view:




Shot of the town on the way down:




The homestay house I wish they'd given me:


It was about 90-95 degrees and the sun tired me out:


Almost time to go home.






No comments: