Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sunrise

Sorry there haven't been more posts lately -- Life has been quiet and good. Just working, seeing friends, and enjoying a slower lifestyle. But I plan on getting back out in the city with my camera soon to take some pictures of touristy stuff. Being in Rome is like being in the museum. When I take one bus I often ride, I see the Tevere, Piazza Venezia, the Colisseum, the coppola of St. Peter's at the Vatican, and the Roman Forum all at once. Or I'll be on a friend's motorino and we'll drive over the bridge near Castel Sant'Angelo, which is flanked by huge marble statues on either side.

When I was here in 2002 I bought the Eyewitness guide for Rome and, over the course of my 3 months here, literally saw everything in the book -- even the most minor things, I went to see. So I have this sense that I already saw everything, which, of course, is false. A friend recently admonished me for not "being interested in art", as evidenced by my utter lack of sightseeing. I was kind of embarrassed.

This morning I woke up earlier than usual and caught the sunrise outside my balcony door:

Beautiful, no?

No comments: