Sunday, September 14, 2008

Santa Marinella

Last Thursday it was about 90, so I went to the beach at Santa Marinella. It's about an hour's train ride from Rome and it was absolutely perfect. I rented a lettino and an ombrellone. A lettino is basically a long beach chair you can lie on with a little square of canvas above that you can move to protect your face if you want to. An ombrellone is a beach umbrella. Here are some pics:

Arriving at the beach, I saw the typical Italian beach scene: a rounded coast studded by closed ombrelloni waiting to be rented by beachgoers:



The view looking out from my lettino. You can see the red of the lettino at the top and the bottom of my photo:



Water and ceremonial lifesaver:



Local life boat:



The day is ending...I didn't actually have the heart to leave the beach til about 5:



Bye-bye beach!

No comments: