Monday, December 1, 2008

Nuovi Acquisti

I've mentioned to some friends all the fun stuff I've been buying over here so I wanted to do a little cross-Atlantic fashion show. My father's predictable response to my purchases: "I hope you're getting a lot of work to pay for all those clothes." Oh, Dad.

Summer dress:



Stripped wool lightweight sweater from Sisley, a popular chain here. I think we have a few in New York too:



Summer tunic with contrast stitching. It will be summer when I arrive in Uruguay....better be prepared:



Cross-body purse. Perfect for long walks around Rome:





Useful black leather water-resistent booties. They work both under and over jeans, and are perfect for the nighttime showers we sometimes get here:



Green pants I got for 7 euro. Thanks to Rachel for hemming for me:



This jacket is much cuter on - kind of a school-girl look with the bottom puffing out a bit, but it's hard to show the shape while it's on a hanger:



The inside has this really cute polka dot pattern:



Wool cream-colored dress also from Sisley. Again, hard to do it justice on a hanger and much prettier on:



Light, light blue Asics with bright yellow contrast pattern. They look white in this pic because of the flash, but in person you can see the blue:



The piece de resistance: my fabulous new winter coat. You can also remove a layer and the extremely soft fur hood to make it into a spring jacket. It's a little cinched under the chest so that it billows out ever so slightly at the bottom:

No comments: